F.A.C.T. (Friendship & Caring Trust) was formed in 1990 to explore the need for supportive accommodation for people with learning disabilities, chiefly in the East Fermanagh area, and to develop a residential unit in response to local need.
F.A.C.T., in partnership with Oaklee Housing Association opened Barnlee Residential Home, initially designed for 16 adults with moderate to severe learning disabilities in 1996, but currently accommodating 18 adults.
A warm supportive environment Barnlee provides spacious en-suite accommodation and is located on the outskirts of Lisnaskea, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
Lee Cottage which is located next to Barnlee, is designed for 5 adults with low to moderate learning disabilities and opened in 2002.
Barnlee Services include :
- Mini-bus for Social Outings, shopping and appointments.
- A Sensory Room to improve coping strategies and challenging behaviour.
- Comprehensive and regular risk assessments.
- Access to health care services – GP appointments, Chiropodist, Occupational therapists and nurses, Reflexologist, Yoga, Reiki.
Barnlee and Lee Cottage have three ideals/aims:
- Provide a service individually tailored to each person’s needs and wishes
- Provide exceptional, consistent standards of individual care in all aspects of daily living
- Aim to encourage each person to realise their full potential